Sunday, April 18, 2010

Introducing...Addyson Elizabeth Thalinger

Addyson Elizabeth Thalinger arrived on Monday, April 12 at 5:28pm weighing in at 7lbs, 5 ozs and 20 inches long. She is a beautiful and healthy little girl with a head full of black hair! We are in awe of our little princess. Here is how it all began...

On Sunday afternoon around 4pm, I started having stronger contractions that were actually hurting. All day and throughout the night, Kevin and I were timing them but they didn't seem to get closer together. They were extremely painful (enough to hardly be able to walk) but they were staying at 10, 15, even 20 minutes apart! The next morning we expected my water to break (like it had with Jackson), but still nothing. We were getting frustrated wondering if I was really in labor or not. Kevin called his mom to pick up Jackson since I was in a lot of pain. Throughout the morning, we kept timing them and they were sometimes 6, 9, even 12 minutes apart. Talk about inconsistency. After a grueling few hours of monitoring, we decided to call my doctor and they told me to come in and see if I was progressing. I expected them to say I was still 1cm dilated and to go home. However, I was completely wrong! I was already 5 cm dilated and they emitted me into the hospital right away, what a relief! Around 1:30, I was finally in the delivery room and by 2:30, I finally got my epidural. I was 7 cm at this point...talk about a fast progression! Around 3:30, my doctor came in and broke my water and said he would come in a couple of hours to check me. Around 5:15ish, I asked the nurse to go ahead and check me to see if I was ready and sure enough she said it was time! The doc came in and a whopping 6 minutes later and 3 pushes, our beautiful little girl graced us with her presence! Talk about a fast labor!

We are beyond in love and can't imagine our life without this little angel. I thought my life was complete until they day she came into this world. I could not ask for a more wonderful family and life. I am truly blessed...

Right after delivery


Our beautiful little girl


Our complete family of 4!


Leaving to go home


First night home...Look at all that hair!!!!

10 comments:

Anne said...

Lindsay, she is gorgeous! Your family is beautiful and you look so happy! Enjoy every minute and post new pics soon!!

...That's what she said said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! Congrats! So happy for you! Hope everyone is doing well and adjusting to life with another little one.

nbjenni said...

Congrats, she is beautiful!

Julie said...

Congrats she is beautiful!!!! I am glad that the labor and delivery all went so fast for you. Enjoy every second of these first few weeks. Can't wait to see her at those Clemson games.

The Batts said...

so pretty! we can't wait to meet her! let us know when we can come by and bring dinner...hopefully sometime next week??

Chap and Heather said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!! I'm so excited and actually just teared up reading your post :) sooo happy for your sweet family! I can't wait to come meet her...I'm afraid, however, it's going to make me want/need another one too soon!! Love you bunches!

Lauren said...

Congrats Lindsay! She is beautiful! Hope you are all doing well!

Natalie and Jonathan said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations!!! I loved looking at the pictures!

Katherine said...

Congratulations Lindsay! She is absolutely beautiful! It looks like she'll be using those bows sooner than we thought :) Savannah and I are so jealous!