Friday, October 2, 2009

House Renovations!

For a while now we have considered converting our 2-story living room into a 1-story room with a large room over it. Well, the time has come and we thought this was the best time to start such a large renovation. I'm out of my 1st trimester (and hopefully will start feeling better soon!) and want to have everything done when the new baby arrives and definitely before Christmas because I LOVE decorating for that time of year! We have decided to convert the room upstairs to a big playroom for the kiddos! Plus, we have 2 bedrooms upstairs and will eventually have both kids up there with their own playroom...thus, all the HUGE toys can be out of my kitchen and living room for good! I feel like my whole house has been converted to one big playroom and it's driving me crazy! I know you mothers out there know what I'm talking about! I wish I took some pictures before and I may have some right when we moved in, but here are some after the first couple days of renovations. And, YES, we are living there while they do them for the next 8 weeks!!! AGH!

After 3 days


Our 2-story foyer which will stay the same


My kitchen...at least they built high enough walls where we can have "some" privacy


After 4 days...what a HUGE difference! You can see the floor overhead!

2 comments:

The Batts said...

i can't wait to see it when its all completed! let me know when you are free, we need to get together soon!

Chap and Heather said...

Oh, I know that is driving you CRAZY!!! I didn't know you weren't feeling well, I hope things get better for you soon! I can't wait to see you on Wednesday!! My house looks like yours and we aren't even doing renovations! Ha!