Friday, November 7, 2008

40 weeks...come and gone!

On Tuesday, I had another ultrasound and 40 week checkup. Jackson is weighing in at approximately 6 lbs, 10 ounces and everything is looking really good. My doctor checked me and I am finally progressing...very good news! I am 75% effaced and 1 cm dilated, a HUGE difference compared to last week. He was extremely pleased on how much I have progressed in the past 4 days. He believes I will go naturally within the next week, so keep your fingers crossed that I do! If not, we have scheduled an induction for next Thursday (November 13th). I will have to go to the hospital on Wednesday night and stay there and will be induced first thing Thursday morning. He doesn't think I'll have to do induced, he really thinks it will happen sometime before then, so we'll see! Jackson's birthday will be here before we know it.

Kevin and I have been doing walks of about 3-4 miles a day to get him going. We'll see what happens over the weekend. Keep your fingers crossed!!!

No comments: